Earlier this year I was honored to be a part of the Big Bold Jewish Climate fest, speaking about Jewish views of human composting, along with another rabbi, Adina Lewittes. Our presentation was also part of a live podcast recording through Evolve: Groundbreaking Jewish Conversations, a project of Reconstructing Judaism.
Now that Washington State as legalized Natural Organic Reduction, I was invited to think about what might be a Jewish response by a member of Temple Beth Hatfiloh. That thinking turned into an essay, Human Composting: A Reconstructionist Rabbi’s Response, and then the podcast episode. You can listen here:
Episode 41: An Activist's Journey: From Marching Against Nukes to Empowering Jewish Women in Ukraine – Evolve
- Episode 41: An Activist's Journey: From Marching Against Nukes to Empowering Jewish Women in Ukraine
- Episode 40: A Cry for Help: Breaking the Stigma on Mental Illness
- Episode 39: Passover (and Judaism) Disrupted
- Episode 38: The Grand Canyon, Evolution and Pope Francis
- Episode 37: The Israeli Government’s War on Women
Thanks for continuing the conversation!