Earlier this year I was honored to be a part of the Big Bold Jewish Climate fest, speaking about Jewish views of human composting, along with another rabbi, Adina Lewittes. Our presentation was also part of a live podcast recording through Evolve: Groundbreaking Jewish Conversations, a project of Reconstructing Judaism.
Now that Washington State as legalized Natural Organic Reduction, I was invited to think about what might be a Jewish response by a member of Temple Beth Hatfiloh. That thinking turned into an essay, Human Composting: A Reconstructionist Rabbi’s Response, and then the podcast episode. You can listen here:
Episode 37: The Israeli Government’s War on Women – Evolve
- Episode 37: The Israeli Government’s War on Women
- Episode 36: The State of Democracy in Israel and the U.S.
- Episode 35: The Heretic: Why an 18th Century Opponent of Rabbinic Authority Matters Today
- Episode 34: The Need for Affinity Spaces for Jews of Color
- Episode 33: Whitewashing Biblical Characters